The Friday we were leaving for Sea World, I was frantically running all around trying to pack for our trip. Jason was getting off early so we could leave and I needed to be somewhat close to being ready. The kids wanted to play outside so I opeened the door and noticed that our dog was hovering over something right off the porch. I thought it was odd that she was not going crazy that we were home. I finally see what is more important...a squirrel that is, dead in the grass. I knew that it could not stay where it was because my kids were going outside and my dog would not leave its side. I kept picturing Chris Farley in Tommy Boy where he hits a deer then puts it in his car thinking it was dead. It awakens and starts freaking out. I did not want to experience a squirrel bite in the event that it was not quite dead. I decided the best thing was to find a large bowl to put over it and let Jason mess with it when he got home. I find a bowl that I did not mind throwing in the trash and put it over the squirrel scared it would jump up and bite me (or the kids of course). We walk back in the house but Logan starts calling my name. I run back outside to find the bowl still in the same place I left it but Logan shows me a squirrel laying dead in the grass a few feet from the bowl. My mind starts racing. I then thought we have some type of squirrel epidemic where they are dropping like flies. After a freak out moment, it dawns on me to check the bowl. I get a branch,scared that I would get attacked, and pick up the bowl to find no squirrel. My wonderful dog had some how lifted the bowl and moved the squirrel to another location. I had to act fast. I search and search until I found the perfect solution...here is how things went down. Luke decided that he was going to use his tools on the deceased squirrel. He then asked if we should bring the squirrel a toy while Logan asked if we could give him some food and water. Hannah did not understand why her brothers could not understand what DEAD means.
Here is our dog protecting her prize possession.
This kept our dog out of the bowl until Jason got home to take care of it.
Luke had been spanking her over and over telling her not to bite the squirrel. She was not very happy with him spanking her because of her great kill. I was worried about our not so smart dog catching something from the squirrels. I kept thinking of the movie I am Legend when Wil Smith has to choke his own dog because it got the virus. I just knew that my dog had rabbies after it played with (okay after it killed)a squirrel.
The poor squirrel was lifted to his new home...the garbage.
The kids were amazed, actually they thought daddy was the hero getting rid of the squirrel.







No comments:
Post a Comment