Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday was a little Far From Fabulous


I realized that I did not post my Fabulous Fridays yesterday, but well to be honest we did not have the most fabulous day. I think I have mentioned before that one of Hannah's best friends was moving out of state. Their two kids, a little girl Hannah's age and a little boy stuck right in the middle of my boys, spent the day with us on Thursday while their parents packed and got things ready. We brought them dinner on Thursday night and let the kids play one last time. We had to run something by on Friday morning so they did get to see them again, but well to be as real as I can it was horrible. We have had friends move before. I remember when Hannah was about 5 months old my best friend from college, Danica moved to Russia to be a missionary with her wonderful husband Greg. I was very very sad, but it was a little different. I had just transitioned from working full time before Hannah was born to staying home. Danica did not have any kids and worked full time. I was used to not seeing her during the day. They also did not have any kids that Hannah was "attached" to. This time it hit home more. Hannah and Evie loved playing with each other. They have been friends since they were 2 years old. They have taken ballet together, been in cubbies together,same Sunday School class for the past 3 years, gone to the same bible study every week for years, done more lunches at Chick-Fil-A than I can count, and the list goes on and on. We used to pick up the girls after bible study and they would have lunch planned for us. It was very cute, unless we could not go that day, then it turned into a fit! The boys have loved playing with Walter too. It was a great set up with the genders and the ages. And to top it off, I really enjoyed Jennifer, their mom. She loved the Lord completely and gave great sound advice. I remember after Hannah was born being sad because we mainly had friends that worked full time. Of course I adjusted to having a baby after a few months, got out more, and of course found out that more ladies stayed home than I thought. But it is hard to find that one special family where both the kids and the moms get along well. Jennifer and I were past the hard parts of a friendship. I was not embarrassed when my kids acted up or when I could not control them in public. We always secretly laughed, at the appropriate time of course, at our kids. It was a great friendship. I think that I have been so focused on the kids missing each other that I did not pay much attention to the fact that I would be so sad. I have been worried the most about Hannah. She is sad but has said that she is not going to cry or she has also said that will play alone at church now because Evie has moved. I know she will play with other kids and be just fine but I do worry because the group that we run with has mainly boys that around her age. She and Evie has always been the only consistent girls in our little group of friends. So, all of this to say, my whole family was pretty sad on Friday. Jason and I did drop off the kids at the church for childcare and we went to Chili's by ourselves. It was great to get out but I am sure my hubby would have liked it if I were a little happier. We will get by and be just fine I realize that, but this is new for us. It will just take some getting out of our comfort zone again. So, Danica when you read this, between the lines it says to sell your flat faster than you were thinking and get home with that boy that my kids love so much. Of course they will love the new baby just as much too.

No comments: