- My mom came in town for a short visit with the kids. Today I got to go to Sam's alone to do my shopping for the BBQ tonight at our house (which should actually be another Fab Five). I actually feel sorry for my mom because my kids don't leave her side. They fight over who gets to sit by her at dinner, who gets to sleep in the room with her, etc. Just to show you how extreme they are: I asked Hannah if she would like tomatoes and croutons on her salad last night and she told me she wanted "whatever Grandma Nita wanted". She was dead serious too. I had to wait for her to ask my mom what she was having on her plate so I could make Hannah's. We don't see her much, but my kids are like magnets on her when we do!
- We are going shopping tomorrow for our bathroom tile. The best part, our wonderful adopted grandparents are watching the kids for a little while. I cannot imagine taking them into a quiet tile place. Home Depot is the extent of their home remodeling shopping since it is LOUD in there.
- My house is clean. I realize that after tonight it will not be, but was good while it lasted.
- Tonight we are having a BBQ at our house. It is actually bitter sweet because it is for some good friends who are moving out of state in a little over a week. They have a little girl Hannah's age and a little boy around the ages of my boys. The girls are in the same Sunday school class, same bible study class, we eat lunch together, and go on other play dates together. My heart already breaks for Hannah. This will be her 1st "real" close friend who has moved. I don't think she quite understands. She asked me the other day if we would still go to her friends birthday party ( they will be about 10 hours away).
- Today is only supposed to be in the 90s instead of 100+. I never thought that would be such a big difference, but it is!! And the wind stop blowing 50mph like yesterday!! Great BBQ weather!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment