Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One of those days!!!!!

Wow, it has been one of those days. Those days where every time you turn around you have a child who is either telling you "no" or hitting one of their siblings or just plain screaming at each other. We do our best to ensure our children treat each other nicely, but you know how that goes sometimes. Today Jason was in his office here in town and he came home for lunch. The kids were so excited because he does not get to do that a lot right now. He could tell after being home just a few minutes that the kids, alright mainly Luke, had started to wear on mommy a little. The last few days Luke has really decided to show us how independent he is. I know he is two, but you have to understand with our other two children, the twos were not too bad. We always thought the threes were worse at times. This will give you a brief look into his recent behavior: On Sunday we had a few families over after church. All the kids were running between the backyard and the house. Some of the kids had run into Hannah's room to play. Luke had also run in there with a chocolate chip cookie in his hands. A little boy came running out saying that another little boy was bleeding. So we run in and find exactly what he said, a bloody headed little boy. It just happens that this little boy had busted his head open a week ago and had to have it glued. Well, the story is told about what happened and it was my little 2 year old boy who threw a metal serving tray from our little kitchen set and yep you guessed it, hit him square on his glued spot. It looks a little meaty and won't quit bleeding so his parents take him to the Dr. again. We start questioning Luke as to what happened and he tells us that this little boy "was trying to eat my cookie so I threw something". He's honest I guess, but that may give you a glimpse of what we are dealing with. Back to today.....Luke had gotten in trouble a few times before we left for the store but I thought it would be a quick trip so it was manageable. The store went fairly well. Luke likes to stand in the cart while Logan likes to ride in the actual seat. Hannah usually walks which works well with our situation. There were a few times when Luke tries to grab things off the shelf, I tell him no, he tries to yell at me that he "don't like you". I was ready to be done, actually ready for all of them to be in bed for a long nap. HAHA! We were checking out and of course the boys are going crazy. They are making noises at each other while I am dealing with the unfriendly cashier who cannot find a price on something and thinks I should know how to do it. Luke starts saying, "he's not talking" about the cashier. I just reply I know and pay. I thought things were going fairly okay. When I am pushing my cart away I feel someone touch my shoulder. It is the lady behind me. My first thought is I forgot something. I am ready to say thank you and move on. She simply says, "you have a beautiful family, I know things are hard right now, but it won't last long". Funny because as Jason was walking out the door after lunch, he starts singing that country song, your gonna miss this. I say thank you and moved out the door. It made me so sad. I never want people to think that my children are a burden to me or that I don't enjoy them. I guess the look on my face told her what I was feeling. I didn't enjoy them going crazy in the store, but I do enjoy them. I know that I will look back and wonder where the days went. I know that I will want to remember every funny thing that they say or do. I will probably even look back and laugh at the times when my 2 year old told me that he didn't like me. I know that the Lord had that stranger tell me something I needed to hear. I guess He tried to say it through my hubby, but I didn't listen then. My kids are so much fun, so sweet, and so tiring at the same time. Today probably should have been one of those days where I waited until Jason got home before I went to the store. I have about 20 more minutes before Hannah comes out of her "rest time" and then another hour before Jason gets home. I know once he gets home and I will forget how crazy my day was and I will think what was I so upset about, it was not that bad!!!!

2 comments:

Michael & Meaghan said...

Tiffany,
I found your blog off Dianna's site. It's funny because we're having one of those days today (I just drug my screaming two year old through the halls of the church...uggh). Your blog was an encouragement and a reminder. Thanks for that!

Dani and Greg said...

Tiff! you made me cry. Not a stretch when I'm pregnant though:) I am trying to enjoy two also...Max likes to pull girls hair lately and lick the inside of the freezer...normal for two, I hope. Love you and the recipe was a HIT!