





I never remember being too excited about Mother's Day when I was a kid. Maybe I was really inconsiderate or something. I mean I remember making lots of homemade cards etc, but I don't remember going over the top. So far, my sweet children have not inherited my lack of passion for Mother's Day. Sunday morning I was awakened by Hannah around 7am asking if she could bring me her present. She had a hard week, even mad at us at times, because she made a present for me at school and we would not let her give it to me the day she brought it home. The boys were the same way. We had to hide the presents they made at school because they wanted to open them and give them to me. All week Hannah spent time coloring, cutting, and gluing various cards/papers for me. She was so sweet. She even tried to spell out/sound out some words on her own so that I would not have to tell her how to spell them on my cards. I was able to make out the words though, she did great. We have been so amazed with her writing/spelling. She tries so hard and can write anything you tell her how to spell. Now, sounding things out, we are utterly impressed. Okay, back to Mother's day. When I told her we had to wait until everyone else was awake, she was mad again. She wanted to go wake up her brothers so she could give me my presents. Around 7:40am we could wait no longer. By then, both of the boys were up so sleeping later was a lost cause. They get so excited about someone opening presents. It was cute. Hannah had made a cement hand print and put pretty stones around the edges. Logan and Luke had their hands painted on a canvas and one of their teachers turned them into flowers. All very cute. After they gave me those, they wanted daddy to go get the other gifts they had bought with him. I got a beautiful corner shelf and a huge metal cross for the patio. They did good! I will forget that I gave Jason the idea etc. because after all, he did take 3 kids into Hobby Lobby by himself. When I go most of the time it is no big deal, but when he goes, it is a big task!!! Good job Jason. Thanks for making Mother's Day great! We made it to church on time, although it was our turn in the nursery. After church we headed back home for Jason's two sisters families, his mom, and his grandmother to come eat lunch. We tried to make it smooth, and just about everything was done ahead of time. We used a lot of crock pots, the grill, and things that did not need to be cooked to make it easier on Jason and me. It turned out well. Besides the fact that my children did not get a nap, it was a good day. They were all in bed by 8:45 and we sat down for the first time I think that day. Did I mention that my sweet hubby did ALL the dishes? Yep, you read it right, ALL the dishes. Thank goodness we had paper plates or he would have been in the kitchen even longer!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment