Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Last Program

The Blond Tower was in front of Hannah most of the time Blond Tower Demolished, Temporarily
Smiles are not given out freely by Logan when he was on stage.

The kids and I attend a great Bible Study, Community Bible Study, during the school year. This year it is bittersweet because this is Hannah's last year to attend. She has had the same sweet, wonderful, loving teacher since we first started (she was 2 years old!!). When I first started going we were blown away by the amount of verses and Bible stories that she learned. They have a special way of somehow embedding the curriculum in a way that they remember it. I will never forget when Hannah was just 2 and I asked her what she played with that day after I picked her up. Her reply was "mom we don't play, we learn". She was so right. It is not a babysitting program. Now they do have "babysitters" for the kids ages 2 and under, but after that they have a curriculum and they do LEARN it. All that to say, if you need a good Bible study for you and your KIDS, check out Community Bible Study. It is the most wonderful kids program that you will find. You will enjoy the time with other women, both young and old! Anyway, the kids "sing" some of their Bible verses and other songs periodically throughout the year for the mommies (and other family members come too). It was their day to sing at the last Bible study. They are so cute to watch up on stage. Sometimes they sing and other times they just watch the 100+ women staring at them. At this one, Hannah sang and sang and sang. She did great. My only problem was there was a little boy the step below her and he took up some of my camera space designated for her little head. Before it began I had to remind her that it is okay to move (because it is pretty informal) if someone is taller than you and you cannot see. Apparently she did not remember this! Poor thing, that little boy was only in the 2 year old class and he still seemed to tower over her. I did my best at getting a few shots. I can only imagine what my camcorder recorded though. Maybe I should give my tape to his mom instead! Logan actually sang this time too! I have watched him progress from just standing there with maybe a finger in his mouth to opening his mouth when his music teacher tells him to. He has become a bigger boy in this regards. They get so proud of themselves because I not only take pictures but I also film it for daddy to watch. The kids wanted him to come, but with him officing out of town during the day it just has not been possible the last two times. It probably bothers me more than it bothers the kids. They are just as content sitting with him on the couch IMMEDIATELY when he gets home and watching themselves. They are pretty funny about that. Next year Luke will get to sing with the big kids as he is moving up from the nursery to the classes where they teach them. The boys will be on stage together. Stay tuned for those pictures, you are liable to see some physical action if they are close to each other. They think it is funny to push and bump to get a laugh. We will see how it goes. Overall it was a little sad, but great time. We are happy to have one more day where we don't have to rush out of the house, but sad because next year will be completely different without Hannah in tow. She LOVES Bible study and might initially be sad that she cannot go because of school. I was not supposed to mention any more changes until August, but it is inevitable. Have a great Thursday!! See you tomorrow for the 5 Feelings For Friday challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: