Friday, April 11, 2008

The Last Birthday

The kids were so excited to give me all of their well thought out presents!

On Wednesday we celebrated my birthday. My birthday officially ends our families birthday celebrations until next January. It was a great day. The night before Jason took the kids to buy my present. They did so good and did not tell any secrets about their night out. Hannah even thought it was funny to make up something to tell me. Every now and then she would look at me and say, "mom, we got you a coke in an Easter egg". Creative huh? I could not open my presents until Jason got home that day, and I was very surprised that they all kept a secret the whole day. Months ago we gave up "real restaurants" for fast food restaurants because of the sweet children. It was just to the point that it was not worth going out. It either took too long or our kids were too loud. Sometimes it was a combination of both. Well because it was my birthday, we decided that we would brave it and go to Chili's. Usually Jason and I save these restaurants for times when we have someone watching the kids, but I said, we were brave that day. We also threatened them that they would not get ANY birthday cake when they got home if they acted up. IT WORKED! We had a quiet dinner. The kids colored, ate chips, and sometimes just stared at the people around us. We also strategically placed them all apart which helped tremendously. No one could touch each other and therefore no one could gripe at each other taking their stuff. We were very impressed and so I had to share my birthday cake. Many of you know, I love cakes from the wonderful Jennifer Antu, so of course the family surprised me with one. YUMMY! (Danica, this picture is just for you. I will treat you to the biggest Antu cake she will bake when you come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!) You probably would not have wanted this cake though. The kids helped me blow out candles, and I actually felt the spit on my face when they were done. It was a great day. Jason is treating me to a dinner out without the kids this weekend. That will be just as fun! Thanks Jason for everything you did to make it special. You can't tell from this picture, but they were angels at Chili's. This is a little boy who cannot wait for cake. Can you tell its his favorite?

Everyone helped mommy blow out all the candles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last but not least!! happy birthday, it sounds like it was great.