


Hannah's end of the year school program was this week. They still have about a month left of school so I am not sure why it was so early, regardless, it was time. She was excited about singing on stage with her class. Jason was not able to make it because he was/is working at an office out of town. His commute is about 40 minutes each way so it was just impossible. Hannah was just excited that mommy was going to record it for him so he could watch it later. We were running late that morning, well every morning, and she was very worried that she would not be able to practice with her class. I reassured her that she knew the songs and that we were not that late where she would not be able to practice. I dropped off the kids at school, ran an errand, and then it was time to head back to school for the program. She was beaming when she walked in the chapel. She is so proud when someone is comes just to see her. They learned sign language to several songs and all of the letters of the alphabet, which they showed to all the parents. She sang and signed almost every word/letter there was. She smiled the whole time too. Times before when she has been on stage she has just mumbled the words, but this time she was blurting it out. She has definitely taken a liking to singing lately. She is very funny when she has a "concert" for us. She can also sing Twinkle Twinkle little Star like no one has ever heard before. It is great (and very funny too). Back to the program.....at the end, they had the director talking about this preschool group leaving and going off to kindergarten. There was that issue again that I thought I could avoid until August. Not so. It made me think again of all the things that were about to change for us. All the things that were about to change for Hannah too. I started to get a little sad but at the same time I was so proud of that beautiful little girl on stage. She just glowed from ear to ear. It was as if I took one look at her and she was all grown up. She had no stage fright, no trouble remembering the words, and no problem smiling like she knew everyone out there in the audience. Even though she is physically one of the smallest little girls there, she had grown up a little in my mind over the preschool year. I remembered back to the first day of preschool and how nervous she was. All that was gone. I know that it will start all over next year, but for now, she was our big girl. She has turned out so precious. Thank you Lord for what you have given us. My heart was overflowing........







No comments:
Post a Comment