Sunday, August 31, 2008

Once Again....

So I realize that once again I am behind. If you only had time to hear about the crazy things of this past week, then you might understand why. Yes, we officially have the 1st week of Kindergarten under our belt. Really I wish I could take the belt off and go back to the old "normal" but that just cannot happen. This week was great for Hannah. Everyday she would say that her day was "better than yesterday". She seemed to truly have a lot of fun. I think she is made for the social part of school. I, on the other hand, was not made for her to go to school. This past Monday was hard for me. I made it out of the classroom without crying, but I let it loose after that. She didn't even cry or hang on our legs at all. I eventually gathered myself and we made it home. Strange feeling with just the two boys. It really really hit when the boys took a nap that day. Usually I run on the treadmill during their naps. Because I still required Hannah to have some "quiet time" in her room during their nap, I could also have some quiet time. It never failed that she would come in to visit me during their nap before her "quiet time" was officially over. On Monday when I was running it dawned on me that I won't have that issue anymore. And, while it was frustrating some days that she would keep coming out of her room, I actually missed that this past week. It is the little things like that I miss the most. I also miss the late evenings that we could spend playing outside. Now, bedtime is at 8:30pm and that actually may need to be bumped back again. All three kids are up by 7AM. I have not had to be awake every day at that time since I worked full time before Hannah was born!! I know that we will adjust and this will become the new "normal" but I think I am grieving our old life. I am sad that Hannah misses out on the things we do during the day and that she spends the majority of her day without us. It also makes me sad to not know exactly what she is doing the majority of the day or who she is talking to during those times. One thing I am glad about is the fact that tomorrow is a HOLIDAY! I think it could not come at a better time. I just wish there were holidays every Monday! Here are a few pics from the 1st day of school. (They are not the pictures that I dreamed of, but considering we ALL woke up at 7:10 AM and had to be at school at 7:45AM, they will have to do. Jason even managed to flip a few pancakes during that time. It was not the best start to a 1st day!!)

Hannah's 1st day of Kindergarten

This picture made me smile so big. Look right in the middle and you will see Hannah finally noticed I was there to pick her up. That smile was worth a million dollars that day.

We are good friends with 3 other families who all have children around the ages of ours. Three of the four families had kids who started kindergarten this past Monday. At least we know others who understand our pain!!