Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time, it is never on our side!

Here is a current pic of my sweet little ones!

I have started this post several times now, but never have the time to complete it. You see, time is not on my side lately. Our lives have literally changed the last few weeks. Since school started, we have very little time to do "extra" things. We rise earlier and therefore go to bed earlier. I spend my time after the kids go to bed getting ready for the next day. I have to get every ones clothes set out, pack Hannah's lunch, make sure she has everything in her backpack that she needs, and well the list goes on and on. I used to stay up late late late after the kids go to bed, but I just cannot force myself. I feel that there are no "free" moments. If I sit on the couch at night then I know that I am taking time away from something that needs to be done like dishes, laundry, picking up the house or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I have time when I rest and relax, but it is not it used to be. I miss the few blogs that I used to do, but really it is just something else to do. We are just now getting into the groove of it all though. Like I have said, it is an adjustment, but we are pressing on to make it work.
On the flip side, the kids are doing great. Hannah loves school. She has never once cried or been sad when we drop her off. I absolutely love her school. I volunteer in the classroom, along with all the other parents in her class. It is great to see how many parents they get to volunteer. Monday thru Thursday there is at least one volunteer for a little while. I also go to lunch with her at least once a week. She likes me to bring McDonalds or something like that when I come. It gives me a chance to get to know the kids that are influencing my child daily when I spend time up there. On the day that the boys go to Parents Day Out, I feel as though I live up there sometimes! It is worth it even though it makes my schedule crazy.
We have been amazed at how much Hannah is already learning.. She is working on her "sight" words and phonics. I was never taught phonics, so it is new to me also. The boys have adjusted to being without their sister for most of the day pretty well. It is interesting to me to see how Logan takes on the older sibling role when Hannah is gone. When she is home, she is in charge of the three of them. We really have not seen Logan take charge. It is just not his personality, but we are seeing more of it come out when she is not here during the day. Like I said, we have all had to change with Hannah going to school.
So, this gives you a brief update on why you are not hearing from me. I hope to get more and more efficient with my time and therefore have more time for the things that I enjoy.
Oh, and something that has occupied most of my sweet hubby's time is 99% complete. Our bathroom is back in business. We still have a few touch-ups to do, but it is functioning as a full bathroom. I don't even know what it is like to not share a bathroom with my kids anymore. We are waiting for the glass company to bring back our shower door that they had to adjust and we had to have one of our vanity drawers fixed, but those things are nothing compared to where we were a few months ago. I will take a few lines to brag on my wonderful crafty husband. He did a GREAT job with this bathroom. I knew he could do it because he did our other bathroom 2 years ago, but this time it was difficult because we were a little bit busier. Out of the whole bathroom, the only thing he did not do was put in the glass surrounding the shower and he did not build the vanity. I think I have the most amazing husband every!!
BEFORE: vanity area with a single sinkBEFORE: shower and potty in a separate area

DEMODEMO


AFTER: Two separate sinks!! No separate room for shower/potty & vanityAFTER

1 comment:

Jennifer Ferguson said...

great job on the bathroom! It looks awesome. I can't believe you guys can do that stuff! you guys are awesome! Love and miss you!