In an attempt to start getting back into the groove of blogging, I am going to try Not Me Monday! If you have not seen this before, take a look at this blog I follow.
This blog is way more fun, but I will give it a shot. At best, it may give you a small smile today. It gives you a vivid picture of the funny things we do as parents. I encourage you to try it at least once. It makes you laugh as you are remembering the things you do sometimes just to make life a little easier.
- This morning Luke was screaming for "panacakes" after Jason took Hannah to school. I did not pick up her plate of left over pancakes and re-warm them and hand them back to him without his knowledge. I would not deceive my child and serve him his siblings leftovers just so I don't have to fix more pancakes.
- Today we went to the store for a few groceries. The boys begged for hot dogs and of course I did not give in because I would never ever feed my precious children hot dogs. Not Me, I cook 5 course meals every day! I did not stop on the way home to get a coke ( and of course I did not get one for my neighbor too because that would be helping her addiction). While stopping at my neighbors house, I did not look back at my car and see my two boys scarfing down a hot dog right out of the package because if I did, I most certainly would have run to the car and made them spit it out immediately. What kind of mom sees this and continues to allow it, most certainly not me!
- A few days ago we certainly did not go to a fast food place and to avoid a fight before we left the house, we did not allow Logan to wear Hannah's brown boots that have pink flowers up the side. Not me, I would not allow my son to wear girl boots even though his pants covered the pink flowers. Nope, not me. The same trip, I did not allow Hannah to wear socks with her flowery flip flops. Not me, I would not let my children go out to eat like that!
- For church on Sunday morning, Hannah was wearing a floral dress with a pink sweater over it. I most certainly did not allow her to wear her Dorothy red glittery flats with that dress to church. What mom would allow her daughter to wear her Halloween costume shoes to church when they don't even match in the least? Nope, not me.
- We attended TWO Halloween festivals this weekend and I most certainly did not cram some of their candy in my mouth when one of my kids walked by because I did not want to battle why mommy gets another piece of candy and they don't.
- At the Halloween festivals, I did not tell my child that they "had enough candy" from the bag of candy they were to pick from only because the worker was watching. Secretly I did not want my child to grab all the chocolate for me to eat later. Not me, I can buy my own candy if I want it right?
- I did not miss Bible Study last week just because I was tired and "needed to do laundry" even though I only got one load done. Not me, I most certainly would not make excuses for not going!
- I most certainly did not ignore the form that requested my boys birth certificates last week for licensing purposes at their Parents Day Out Program because I had never gotten their official birth certificates even though they are 2 and 3 years old. I did not then have to go to the Heath Department the day before their school to get them so they could go back. Not me, I would not procrastinate. And, while at the Health Department, I did not tell my kids 100 times to "not touch ANYTHING because there are sick germs EVERYWHERE". Not me, I would not be that concerned about them getting sick and not being able to attend school!
- I did not dress my kids as the Wizard of Oz for Halloween just because I did not have any other ideas. No, I would not dress them as characters that they have not even been allowed to watch because it is probably a little too scary for them. No, I would not do that to my kids!
- AND, I for sure did not ignore my kids for the last few minutes while I tried to remember the funny events to write this post. No not me, I would not let them tend to themselves at the table with glue, scissors, and markers.







2 comments:
Hilarious...bring me a coke too next time...a LARGE with vanilla...cause I'm NOT pregnant...
So cute! Makin' me smile, girl. Hey, don't feel bad about those Birth Certificates...I just got some for our kiddos, too, for a flight...and they are 2 and 4! Why in the world can't we just leave the hospital with 'em, or have them mailed to us...like the good 'ol days???
Post a Comment