Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. We have been talking about what 10 years would look like for us for a long time now. Honestly, we had always talked about taking a 10 year anniversary cruise. Because of Jason's newer job, vacation could not come that soon, so we will set our cruise back to next year. Jason did a great job planning this year. He has had a rough week with the plans though. Apparently he had planned for weeks now that one of our good friends would watch the kids overnight and most of Saturday. Well, this week, their grandfather passed away and even though they were so sweet and said that they still wanted to watch our kids, Jason felt it would be better to make other plans. He was a little stressed needless to say. It just happened that he was talking to his little sister on the phone when he was trying to figure things out and she volunteered to take our kids. She has 3 young kids (ages 6 and under) of her own, so this might be interesting. He is so funny about surprising me. I love surprises, but I am too involved in everything to let things be a surprise. I knew that something was up, however I pegged the wrong people to be helping out. I was trying hard to keep the house clean because I kept thinking that someone was spending Friday night at our house. I am a little relieved that no one is coming over and in fact my kids will be gone from the house so they can't make any additional messes. Have I mentioned that we are having company spend the night Sunday night, then leaving Monday morning and another family comes in Monday to spend the night and leave Tuesday. Oh, and Wednesday I think we have bible study at our house again. Wow, I need it to stay clean.
Okay, so the reason I titled this post TEN is for the ten years we have been married and the TEN reason why I think my husband is the best husband around ....
10. He is funny and likes to be the life of the party
9. He is handy around the house and can fix ANYTHING that is broke
8. He is a great dad. He plays and wrestles with the kids, but also also loves and hugs on them.
7. He gives baths to all 3 kids at the time. (I don't like bath time a lot so he has taken on that "job')
6. He helps around the house with dishes sometimes!
5. He appreciates what I do around the house. Maybe he just likes to have clean underwear!
4. He has always had a drive to provide for our family and make sure that we are taken care of
3. He tries to make me feel special and sends me special emails every now and then
2. He is so cute
1. He loves the Lord with all his heart and does his best to lead our family in that direction.
Jason, I love you and can't wait to see what the next 10 years holds. Thanks for everything you do for me and the kids. We could not ask for a better daddy and husband.
I also titled this post TEN because we now have 10 days before Hannah starts Kindergarten. So, in the spirit of count downs, I now have a list of the TEN reasons why I am not ready for school to start...
10. Hannah does not have any new tennis shoes and apparently kindergartners are supposed to wear them EVERYDAY. What kind of fashion is that????
9. The boys will be lost without their 2nd little mommy to boss them around.
8. Hannah has never been away from me 7 hours a day/5 days a week straight
7. We have not had too much of a schedule this summer. The kids go to bed late and wake up later than normal. It has been great!
6. Rain, sleet, or snow, it does not matter. I am going to have to drag my two boys out of the car everyday to walk Hannah into school and then in the afternoon to pick her up.
5. We have to change the boys nap time. Right now they lay down in between 2-3pm. It works great for us. Now that school is about to start, they need to be up by 2 or a little after so we can go pick up Hannah
4. The school year marks the start of everything....bible study, parents day out, soccer practice, soccer games etc
3. I no longer have a preschool little girl
2. Hannah will have to meet new friends and find her place in the classroom. I worry about her making friends and feeling included. I don't know why I worry because she is a social bug!!
1. TIME CHANGE....yep, it is not official daylight savings time but around our house it will happen. Hannah will have to be in bed early because we will all have to get up early. We hardly ever set an alarm clock. She has to be at school at 7:45AM...that's all I have to say!
ICP stands for awesome
8 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment