Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to our Daddy!

THE BIRTHDAY BOY!

This past Saturday was a busy day for our family. First and foremost, it was Jason's birthday. He was bombarded first thing that morning with Happy Birthday songs and hugs from all three kids. He did not even make it out of bed before the kids ran to get their presents for him. His birthday was somewhat overshadowed though. You see, it was the same day as Hannah's birthday party. Hannah was very sweet and even told us that she wanted to tell our "cake lady" that she wanted her daddy's name on her cake also. Jason passed on sharing the Care Bear birthday cake, but he did get his very own cookie cake made by me and the kids. After Hannah's party we went to lunch with some friends then off shopping for some new shoes for his new job. (He started a new job this past Monday). We are still amazed at the provisions the Lord has laid out for us. I am not sure why we sometimes, alright most of the time, think that He will give anything less to His children, but we still do. The Lord never seems to amaze me. He provided me with a husband who is absolutely wonderful. Don't worry, I don't fool myself into thinking that he does not have any flaws, I probably know every one of them. Maybe if he forgets my birthday or our 10 year anniversary this year you will be able to read some of them! Now he will be marking his calender with a bold red marker! Seriously, he is great. He has been such a great dad to three sometimes demanding little children. He plays and wrestles with them but also has done his part changing diapers, preparing meals, and getting up in the middle of the night. You name it, he has helped with it. This job search that we have been on the last few months has shown me even more about him. It has always been our heart that I stay home with the kids. We knew from the beginning that that would put additional pressure on him to find a job where we would not have to eat dirt all the time. He has never thought twice about that, in fact he does everything he can for me to be able to stay home. He also makes sure that because I stay home I have adequate "me" time. He encourages me to go out with the girls and never discourages me going scrapbooking for a WHOLE weekend. Yep, you read that right, he watches the kids a few times a year from a Friday to a Sunday so I can go hang out with my other crazy girlfriends who spend their precious extra time scrapbooking for their kids. I am not sure why I have not seen pictures of things like Hannah's hair, but I can only imagine. My imagination has been left to run wild, therefore we try to make sure our neighbor is home to fix her hair for church and other functions outside the house. There is something about having another mommy who has a little girl do hair versus her own daddy! Thanks Angie, you make it possible for me to be gone too. (And, I know my kids are always in good care because "Safety Man", Allen, is always watching in the event that their daddy is preoccupied.)

1 comment:

monica said...

happy birthday, jason. and congratulations on the new job!