This week is Spring Break at the kids school, so they had to have their Easter parties and egg hunts last week. The kids did not mind that it was a little early. Party days at school are a little crazy for both parents and the kids. This year has proven even more crazy, if that is possible. Hannah's class has their parties at 11:00 am while both boys have their parties after their nap, around 2:00 pm. So I drop them off, run get some things done, return for Hannah's party, leave for a
little bit, then return for the boys party. This party was one of the 1st where Jason has not been able to go due to his new job. However, this is where I tell you how much I love their school. One of the administrators heard me asking Luke's teacher about where exactly their egg hunt would be because I was on my own to take pictures etc. She stepped in and said that they would find a place for both of the boys classes where they would be close to each other to help me out. I know that we pay for them to go there, but I also know that they truly love my kids. This is our 4
th year there and I truly have very little to complain about. Okay, I realize I got a little off the subject, but it helped the egg hunt go rather smoothly for me so I had to share. As far as the egg hunt, let me just say, they love them some Easter eggs. We have had plastic eggs all over our house for the last week. They have carried them around transferring them from one basket to another, dumping them out, then starting all over again. They even stuff them with various items from around the house. You never know what you will find in one.
Hannah and her class enjoying Easter snacks before their egg hunt.
Hannah's egg hunt proved more difficult than the boys. Every child in her class picked a number and then had to find only the eggs with the number that they picked on it.
Hannah was proud of her success in finding all the #6 eggs.
Luke passed up all of his little friends to find the eggs.
Luke was off by himself while his friends were all gathered around the same group of eggs!

After the egg hunt, Luke's teacher tried to make sure every child had the same amount of eggs. When she counted Luke's eggs, she realized that he needed to "share" a few of his with his little friends. Luke responded by saying, "no, I don't want to share my eggs". For those of you who are not around Luke a lot, he is a very verbal 2 year old, especially in a situation like this!

Logan was off and running to beat all 3 classes of 3 & 4 year olds to the eggs.

Because some kids get distracted by trying to open the eggs right when they pick them up, the rule was to hunt for a dozen eggs then stop. I am not sure who thought that this rule would apply to a 3 year old! Logan was insistent that he could hunt for as many as he could find. At this point, I just looked away! Don't worry, we did not cheat any kids out of their eggs, his teacher counted his before he went home.
My boys...making sure every last egg was accounted for....in their baskets!
Logan gave up on the eggs and started playing. Notice though he would not put down his new bunny basket they made in class!
Taking their eggs and going home!
1 comment:
the kids look like they had a blast. mine were never big fans of the everyone gets the same amount rule, unless, of course, they had less than whatever that amount was!!
this will be our first holiday away. time for us to start some new traditions i think!
Post a Comment