Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Me! Monday



Here is another attempt at Not Me! Monday. Take a look at MckMama's blog if you want to join. She has some funny life events right now!


Wow it has been a crazy week, a crazy one that has flown by in the blink of an eye. I surely did not find myself forgetting things that one might see as important. I know that I did not forget the little things either. For example, I did not forget that the boys had crazy sock day last week at school. Of course, I did not send them to school with plain white socks on crazy sock day because that might make them feel left out.
Last week was H's soccer party. I ordered the cake from Sam's the day prior. I mentioned that the soccer team's colors were mint green and black. The bakery lady asked how much black icing we wanted. I said that we wanted very little black icing if any. Apparently I did not make myself as clear as I thought. I go the next day and the cake looks great, the cupcakes are dark green and pure black. Ever see 8 soccer girls and their siblings eat BLACK icing? I did not tell my hubby that my children were not allowed a black frosting cupcake. Then I did not look up and see my youngest son grab a BLACK frosting cupcake and bite into it before I could intervene. I did not then see him transform into his class clown multiple personality and start smearing the BLACK frosting all over his face. I did not ask my hubby to clean him after he was finished.
The following day H wakes up with a fever and I realize that she cannot go to school. I did not immediately call my Dr. at 8am because it was Friday and I knew it would not fit our weekend to have a sick child. I did not then call my neighbor and ask her to have pity on me and to take my boys while I take H to the Dr. I forgot to mention that on Friday's we have another 18 month old little boy who spends some time with us. So, off to the Dr. with H and the little friend. After I did not help hold H's head for a strep test, I did not request that we get a flu shot while we are already there. Strep test came back negative so in my mind I was not thinking "great, that was a waste of my co-pay". I did not have to hold H's arms while trying to make her thigh accessible and the nurse most definitely did not have to hold her legs down. All the while H is not screaming at the top of her little 34lb 5 year old body, "no mommy I don't want a shot please, please, please." And, if all this were true, I would not have then bought H the biggest ice cream her little body could eat.
I go to pick up the boys from my neighbor and she did not tell me that my youngest son had 3 poops while I was gone in one hour. Oh, and the last two were really soft, one would not consider it diarrhea though. And the most important thing, she did not tell me that his bottom was stained a different color. Why would it be because he of course did not have an accident in his pants, right? No, not my child. When we get home I did not take a picture of the evidence for sure because that would not be the funniest thing ever.
That night the kids were signed up for childcare for date night. We most definitely did not try to devise a plan where H could go to maybe a grandparent and the boys could go to childcare because they were fine. We would not even consider dropping off our sick little girl, nope not us. If, if all this were true, we would have come to our senses and realize how selfish that is. We then did not have to just settle for Chili's take out after the kids went to bed.
Saturday I did not go pick up my good friend Danica to get a pedicure because she is totally not going to have a baby on Tuesday, even though she may look like it. Oh, and I did not take advantage of the fact that we were already getting pampered and therefore get my eyebrows waxed because this day was about Danica not me! We did not take advantage of the hubby's watching the kids and go eat lunch, go to Target and Hobby Lobby.
Wow, I definitely do not have more to say but know that you are probably, actually most definitely not ready to quite reading. Hope that you have not had a week like my crazy one. There is always next week.

Just in case you thought I was not telling the truth about the BLACK icing........

2 comments:

Mario and Debra said...

That is absolutely awesome! I have the coolest sister-in-law EVER! I loved this post! Especially the picture of my oh so cute nephew! Love you guys!

Debra

Meet Amy & Tappan said...

Hey guys, your blog is as cute as can be and the kids are tooooo cute! I was curious what your address is in Lubbock??

Amy