Thursday, July 3, 2008

If you came to our house.....

Okay, so I realize that this post will take some time to think about, but I challenge you to do it when you have a chance. It allows you to really evaluate what it feels like to walk into your own home...from an outsiders view. I saw this idea on a sweet high school friend, Sarah's, blog. She made her house sound so friendly and warm...if only we lived in the same state I am sure our kids would have a great time! So, take the challenge and if you can, post what your house would look like if we stopped by in the comments section.

IF YOU CAME TO OUR HOUSE...

You would see...
lots of pictures of our kids and our family. I love pictures, probably because my mom was a fanatic about pictures when I was growing up. You would also see lots of toys because we LOVE toys too. If we knew you were coming, you would probably smell the cleaners that were used during the wee hours of the morning before your arrival. Yes, I clean all hours of the night if I know you are coming the next day. It is the only time where the kids are not pulling out things as I clean or it is the only time I know they are not going to bust their head on a freshly mopped floor. It is compulsion that my husband is not too fond of, but I figure as long as I am not complaining the whole next day about being tired, then it works! Now, if you drop in unexpectedly, you enter at your own risk. We try to keep all the toys in the playroom, but they apparently have legs, yes which belong to my 3 kids, and they wonder out.

We'd probably feed you...
a dessert. I love, love, love to bake. I might also try a new recipe on you, but it will probably be one with chocolate of some form.

We'd undoubtedly ask if you would read....
the newest library books that we have checked out. The kids love books and of course think that every one want to read their newest one.

We'd want to play this music for you....
usually we have the radio on during the day, but if you show up, we will turn it off. We realize that with 3 preschool kids, we already have enough noise in the background.

We'd want to tell you the latest about....
our recent trip to Sea World. If we went and played or did something fun that day, you would most certainly hear about it too. Hannah would tell you about getting ready for Kindergarten while Logan would tell you about some type of tractor. Luke would chime in about another tractor. Jason and I might tell you about the progress on our bathroom!

We'd probably suggest a game of....
well, we would not suggest any games because we really don't have much time to play them. Now, the kids, on the other hand, would bombard you with every game in the game closet if they can. They might start with Hi-Ho-Cherry-O, or the Dora Memory Game then of course they would end with the Elephant game where you catch the butterflies.

We might show off...
the progress on the bathroom. Hannah might show you something she has drawn or a craft she has made. Logan and Luke might start to bring out lots and lots of John Deere stuff!

We might get on the computer and show you....
Hannah's webkinz. She has just started to enjoy playing webkinz or pbskids.org

If it was a long enough visit, we might watch....
some of the Planet Earth series. The kids love watching the "animal movie", however we have to monitor and make sure that they are not watching anything that might scare them. Yes, we are pretty strict about what they see right now. No need to add additional fears about animals eating each other or something! If there is not enough time for that, we might show you the new Word World DVD. They love "building words" and I love that it does actually try to teach them.

What would a visit to your house be like? If you have some time, post it in the comments section, if not, at least give it some thought. Our hope is when people walk into our home that they feel welcomed. We want them to know that we care about the people who walk in and that our house is always open to them. We want their kids to love being here, at least that is my excuse to have a playroom full of toys!! Mostly we want them to feel wanted. Our desire is for our house to be a memorable place, somewhere that in the future when we have preteens/teens running around their friends will want to hang out here. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jennifer Ferguson said...

UMMM, those kids sure are cute hanging out by that water fall... wish I could of been there..oh wait, I WAS ! :) Love you Fishers! Thanks for hanging with me last Friday!

Dani and Greg said...

I cannot WAIT to walk into that house and not have to leave again:)

Sarah said...

So sweet! I think I would love hangin' out at the Fisher's! Thanks for doing this...wish we lived closer too...think so often about you, and all the FBC girls that grew up together! :) Love your new "look" on the blog, too! Precious kiddos. Love, Sarah

Cana said...

Nice pictures, cute kids, lovely house!

http://www.parents-kidz.com